Cancellation Policy for Consumers
(A consumer is any natural person who concludes a legal transaction for purposes that can predominantly be attributed neither to their commercial nor their independent professional activity.)
You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason. The cancellation period is 14 days from the day,
- on which you or a third party named by you, who is not the carrier, have taken possession of the goods or has, if you have ordered one or more goods as part of a single order and these are delivered uniformly;
- on which you or a third party named by you, who is not the carrier, have taken possession of the last goods, if you have ordered several goods as part of a single order and these are delivered separately;
- on which you or a third party named by you, who is not the carrier, have taken possession of the last partial shipment or the last piece, if you have ordered goods that are delivered in several partial shipments or pieces.
To exercise your right of cancellation, you must inform us (Christop Rink, Lichtenberger Straße 30, 10179 Berlin, Phone: 03026934930, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) of your decision to cancel this contract by means of a clear statement (e.g., a letter sent by post, fax, or email). You can use the attached sample cancellation form, but this is not mandatory.
To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right of cancellation before the cancellation period has expired.
Consequences of Cancellation
If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse you all payments we have received from you, including the delivery costs (with the exception of the additional costs resulting from your choice of a type of delivery other than the cheapest standard delivery offered by us), without undue delay and at the latest within 14 days from the day on which we received the notification of your cancellation of this contract. For this repayment, we will use the same means of payment that you used for the original transaction, unless expressly agreed otherwise with you; in no case will you be charged fees for this repayment.
We may refuse repayment until we have received the goods back or until you have provided proof that you have returned the goods, whichever is the earlier.
You must return or hand over the goods to us immediately and in any case no later than 14 days from the day on which you inform us of the cancellation of this contract. The deadline is met if you send the goods before the expiry of the 14-day period.
You bear the direct costs of returning parcel-shippable goods as well as the direct costs of returning non-parcel-shippable goods. The costs for non-parcel-shippable goods are estimated to be a maximum of about 70 EUR.
You only have to pay for any loss in value of the goods if this loss in value is due to handling that is not necessary for checking the nature, properties, and functionality of the goods.
Exclusion or Expiry Grounds
The right of cancellation does not apply to contracts
- to the delivery of goods that are not prefabricated and for the manufacture of which an individual selection or determination by the consumer is decisive or which are clearly tailored to the personal needs of the consumer;
- to the delivery of goods that can spoil quickly or whose expiration date would be quickly exceeded;
- to the delivery of sealed goods that are not suitable for return for reasons of health or hygiene if their seal has been removed after delivery;
- to the delivery of goods if, after delivery, they have been inseparably mixed with other goods due to their nature;
- to the delivery of alcoholic beverages, the price of which was agreed upon at the time of conclusion of the contract, but which can be delivered no earlier than 30 days after conclusion of the contract and whose current value depends on fluctuations in the market over which the entrepreneur has no influence;
- to the delivery of newspapers, periodicals, or magazines with the exception of subscription contracts.
The right of cancellation expires prematurely for contracts
- for the delivery of sealed goods which are not suitable for return for reasons of health or hygiene if their seal has been removed after delivery;
- for the delivery of goods if, after delivery, they have been inseparably mixed with other goods due to their nature;
- for the delivery of audio or video recordings or computer software in a sealed package if the seal has been removed after delivery.
Sample Cancellation Form
If you wish to cancel the contract, please fill out this form and return it to us.
– To Christop Rink, Lichtenberger Straße 30, 10179 Berlin, Email: email@example.com :
- Hereby I/we (*) cancel the contract concluded by me/us (*) for the purchase of the following goods (*)/the provision of the following service (*)
- Ordered on (*)/received on (*)
- Name of consumer(s)
- Address of consumer(s)
- Signature of consumer(s) (only if communicated on paper)
(*) Delete as applicable.